for the owner of sensitive skin, these are retinol substitutes that are gentle on your skin.
retinol is known to play an effective role. in maintaining the youthfulness of the skin and fighting the signs of aging. but on the other hand, this ingredient may be a double-edged sword. as it may cause skin allergies such as the appearance of irritations and redness. especially if you have sensitive skin.
retinol alternative for sensitive skin therefore, you can resort to alternative ingredients to retinol. which also have the ability to moisturize the skin and preserve its youth.
without harming the skin. the ingredients that we will mention below are gentle on sensitive skin. and do not cause any redness or irritation, discover them. retinol substitutes for sensitive skin that are gentle on your skin.
retinol alternative for sensitive skin.
what is retinol
- retinol is one of the derivatives of vitamin A and is considered among essential ingredients in the skincare routine.
- retinol is included in the composition of the most prominent skin care creams. especially those that work to reduce the signs of aging.
- its aesthetic benefits are countless. but too much of it may have the opposite effect and actually cause more damage to the skin. so it is important to take into account the amount used.
- retinol is a necessary ingredient and suitable for different skin types but it may cause irritation to sensitive skin.
what are the benefits of retinol on the skin
- retinol acts as a deadly weapon to preserve the youth of the skin. and fight the signs of aging, most notably wrinkles.
- this component contributes to the reconstruction of damaged cells in the epidermis. and also gives the face freshness and fights dullness.
- retinol also has a role in combating pimples and cleaning enlarged pores. thereby getting rid of acne and the resulting scars, especially in oily skin.
- use retinol on sensitive skin this component also helps moisturize the skin and fight its dryness. so it is effective in giving the skin a soft texture.
|darphin retinol oil concentrate.|
|la roche posay retinol serum.|
alternatives to retinol for sensitive skin
1-bakuchiol is a retinol substitute
bakuchiol retinol is a chemical compound extracted from a plant called. babchi or commonly known as psoralea corylifolia. this component has long been used in various dermatological treatments in chinese medicine. before it entered into the composition of many special bakuchiol products in skin care.
bakuchiol retinol has proven its effective role in stimulating collagen production. and thus maintaining the strength and elasticity of the skin. It is also a plant-based alternative to retinol.
bakuchiol retinol alternative and is absorbed by the skin more gently without causing any problem. skin experts also confirm that bakuchiol plant extract is suitable for all skin types. it is considered the ideal solution for caring for sensitive skin that suffers from the problem of redness. and itching after using conventional retinol.
2-retinyl palmitate is a retinol substitute
like retinol, retinyl palmitate is also a derivative of vitamin A. that acts gently on the skin, without causing irritation. this ingredient is suitable for all skin types and provides the skin with several benefits such as regenerating skin cells.
promoting collagen production and cleaning the pores of the face. it is necessary not to apply this ingredient to skin exposed to sunlight.
as in this case it will become more prone to burns and irritations. it is also advisable to pay attention to the need to apply sunscreen cream in the periods. when you apply products containing retinyl palmitate.
3-rosehip oil retinol substitute
rosehip oil contains vitamins E, A and C, as well as omega and linolenic acids. these components are essential for maintaining the skin barrier and rebuilding collagen.
it also does not cause any irritations to sensitive skin. rosehip oil can penetrate deep into the skin to stimulate collagen and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. also, since it consists of 80% fatty acids, it acts as a wonderful moisturizer for the skin.
4 - peptides alternative retinol
peptides are a series of amino acids. they come in the form of a base on which proteins are built. their effectiveness varies depending on their type, some relieve the appearance of wrinkles.
while others tighten and moisturize the skin. when applied to the face, it penetrates to the depth to stimulate skin cells to produce collagen and reduce the signs of aging.
the time it takes for this ingredient to repair the shape of the skin depends on the quality of your skin. and how damaged it is, but you will definitely notice the difference within a month of application.
5-niacinamide is a retinol substitute
niacinamide, also called thenicotinamide, is a form of vitamin B3. It plays an important role in maintaining the health of the body and skin at the same time.
niacinamide will not cause skin irritation and peeling as often happens with retinol, dermatologists have indicated.
niacinamide maintains skin moisture, reduces its irritation and redness. controls excess oiliness, treats facial acne and fights wrinkles.